Psalms 139:14

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."







Saturday, March 13, 2010

So, what is a Learning Difference?

For the next several postings I would like to quote from Dr. Mel Levine's book, "Keeping A Head in School". I hope this will bring about a lot of discussion and questions, so please post your comments below. I would love to hear from you!

'How Learning Disorders Affect Your Life'

"Learning disorders are problems that affect some students. These problems make it hard to keep up in schoool. This doesn't mean that students with learning disorders are dumb. Their problems are not their fault. In fact, a student can be born with a learning disorder, but no one will know about it until the student tries to do certain things in school. For example, it is possible to be born with a weakness in your memory that doesn't cause any trouble until you try to learn the multiplication tables or write a book report. Leaning disorders can affect just about everything you try to do in school and also many things you try to do outside school."

Tomorrow I will post about the postives and negative sides of LD. Looking forward to your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment